Membership Requirements are:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a full-time piano teacher.
- Have graduated from a recognized University, College or Conservatory with a Certificate, Diploma, Undergraduate, or Graduate Degree.
You Can Build a Successful Teaching Practice
You are a professional musician who has chosen to share her art through teaching. But, making a living with your profession seems at times daunting. After all, you're a piano teacher, not a marketing guru.
And that's why the PTF was founded—to help you with the business side of running your practice, so you can focus on the teaching side. We do this through marketing and outreach programs designed to drive students to this website. Here they can take advantage of our many resources including a unique search application that helps them find a teacher (like you) who matches their needs.
The Benefit? Showcase, Connect, Build
We can help you showcase your teaching, connect with students, and build your professional practice. Here's how:
- Free Membership – You're probably wondering how much all of this costs. Rest assured. It's doe-ray-FREE for teachers and students. Charging teachers who may already be struggling with cash flow doesn't make sense. The PTF can help you build your professional practice without you spending a penny on membership.
- Online Teacher Profiles – As a member of the PTF, you can create an online profile that showcases your teaching practice to potential students. Your online profile is an easy, pain-free way of marketing yourself and appearing professional.
- Teacher Search – We've said it before: "You don't want to market, you want to teach." When students search for teachers on our site, our search application provides them with teacher profiles (like yours) that match their search criteria. Our teacher search application does the marketing for you, so you can do what you do best, teach.
- Outreach – The PTF is planning numerous outreach programs designed to build student interest in piano playing. As an example, we've booked a recital hall where teachers and their students can perform. This gives you the opportunity to promote yourself in a familiar way—to promote by performing.
- Resource Library – As we move forward, we will be building a resource library for member teachers. It's a chance for you to stay current on things that add value to your life and career without spending hours in online searches or dollars in subscription fees.
Over $250,000 to Build the PTF
We're serious about promoting piano music and playing, about helping students find qualified teachers, and about helping teachers build their professional practices.
Over the next 12 to 24 months, the PTF is committed to spending over $100,000 in marketing and outreach programs. What does this mean to you? You can be sure this grassroots campaign will help you live your dream of sharing your art through teaching. All you need to do is join.
How to Join
Interested in joining the Piano Teachers Federation? We're delighted. Simply click on Teacher Login here or in the main menu, and follow the instructions for new members. Or call 604-732-8836 to speak with PTF representative.
Download our media kit here.
P.S. Don't forget to spread the word! Telling others about PianoTeachersFederation.org helps others take advantage of our resources.