Dr. Anna Levy
Port Moody BC | V3H 4V9
Anna received her Bachelors and Master of Music degree in piano from the State Academy in Sofia,Bulgaria in 1980. She later became a member of the piano faculty at the State Music Preparatory School and the State Academy, a position she held for nearly ten years.
In 1987 she won a scholarship to attend the State Conservatory in Moscow, where she worked in the piano class of Margarita Fyodorova (a student of the legendary Neuhaus) and the musicology department, completing her Doctoral of Musical Arts degree in both piano and musicology in 1991.
On emigrating to Canada she has appeared both as a soloist and chamber musician championing contemporary music. Anna has received support from the Canada Council for the Arts for a concert of Russian music in Reykjavik, Iceland. More recently, she has appeared as soloist at Kwantlen College, Simon Fraser University, Douglas College and Capilano College, in performances of the music of Skriabin, Alfred Schnittke and Nikolai Korndorf.
As both performer and musicologist she is a specialist in the music of Eastern Europe with scholarly contributions to the New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians. With her husband she has presented papers at a number of musicological meetings here and abroad. Among her publications is an interview with internationally renowned composer Karlheinz Stockhausen.
Anna is a co-founder and Director of the Yarilo Music Society which presents series of classical music concerts annually. - www.yarilomusic.com
* Beginner to Advanced Students – Any age, any level, from 1st grade to ARCT and beyond.
* RCM Exam Preparation – Short ( Intensive ) and Long Term Preparations.
* University & College Entry – Students successfully accepted in McGill, UBC, UVIC, and many other colleges.
* Festivals & Competitions – Many top placements and gold medallists
ARCT Pedagogy Program – Get your ARCT Teacher’s Certificate
* 1 year full time program designed to guide students to obtaining their teacher’s ARCT certificate
* Includes practical (piano lessons) and theory / history (lectures) components to cover piano pedagogy written exam
* Prerequisites: Grade 10 Level (preparatory study available
Music Theory – Taught by Gregory Myers, PhD in Musicology
* RCM Examination
* Rudiments – (Preliminary, I, II )
* Harmony( Levels: III, IV, V )
* History( III, IV, V )
* Counterpoint & Analysis
* University & College tutoring
Professional Accompaniment – A wide range of instruments welcome
* RCM examinations for any level.
* University exams and auditions.
* Festivals and competitions.
Education and Accreditation
Doctorate of Musical Arts, Moscow Conservatory
Bachelors and Master of Music degree, State Academy in Sofia,Bulgaria
Monday N/A - N/A
Tuesday 9am - 9pm
Wednesday 9am - 9pm
Thursday 9am - 9pm
Friday 9am - 9pm
Saturday 9am - 9pm
Sunday 9am - 9pm